Total Time: 40 Mins
Prep Time: 20 mins
Inactive: 10 Mins
Cook: 10 Mins
- Four 5-ounce center-cut salmon fillets (about 1-inch thick)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 bunch kale, ribs removed, leaves very thinly sliced (about 6 cups)
- 1/4 cup dates
- 1 Honeycrisp apple
- 1/4 cup finely grated pecorino
- 3 tablespoons toasted slivered almonds
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 whole wheat dinner rolls
- Bring the salmon to room temperature 10 minutes before cooking.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Add the kale, toss to coat and let stand 10 minutes.
- While the kale stands, cut the dates into thin slivers and the apple into matchsticks. Add the dates, apples, cheese and almonds to the kale. Season with pepper, toss well and set aside.
- Sprinkle the salmon all over with 1/2 teaspoon salt and some pepper. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Raise the heat to medium-high. Place the salmon, skin-side up in the pan. Cook until golden brown on one side, about 4 minutes. Turn the fish over with a spatula, and cook until it feels firm to the touch, about 3 minutes more.
- Divide the salmon, salad and rolls evenly among four plates.
Per serving (1 fish fillet, about 2 cups of salad and 1 dinner roll): Calories 620; Fat 36 g (Saturated 8 g); Cholesterol 85 mg; Sodium 730 mg; Carbohydrate 40 g; Protein 39 g; Fiber 7 g; Sugars 14 g
See original article and recipe here